or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaleDale commented  · 

I've had a step counter for years but it really isn't that helpful. For instance, a step counter can't tell if I'm running, walking or doing kick boxing. And wrist worn devices count arm movements not steps. So the device has no was to gauge exertion or accurately calculate calories burned. Only measuring heart rate can exertion be determined. At least that's my opinion from a lot of research. I don't have money to waste.

• Laura LeeLaura Lee commented  · 

My thoughts are, referring to my previous comment, why do the Moov Now associates seem to not know that the steps can and sometimes do show.
        And also Moov Now associates, yes indeed I do distinctly remember that it was stated that the Moov Now will have a step count, yet no one at Moov has acknowledged that that was stated. They keep side stepping that subject and just say that it is just important to move. That is true Moov company, however if Moov says that Moov Now has a step tracker, then it needs to have a step tracker because that is exactly why many purchased the product.

• Laura LeeLaura Lee commented  · 

I'm sorry but my Moov Now has shown me step count before. On different occasions. Apparently it's not an option though. I don't think. I believe the few times it actually showed my step count was when the GPS was turned off for some reason. When I clicked on it, only then did I see a step count. So why can't I have both a step count along with GPS? And why are the Moov Now people saying that the Moov Now doesn't show step count as if it never shows step count. Mine, on occasion did. And, I'm not for sure, but I believe, as said earlier, that it showed when, for whatever reason the GPS was turned off. I'm not sure if that's what caused it to show steps. Maybe, if you're willing to turn off the GPS you can see if that works. Unfortunately I cannot show you exactly where it shows you the steps beause this doesn't appear to have a way to show screen shots.

• Artur PaprockiArtur Paprocki commented  · 

Ok let's forget about "steps" and adopt "active minutes" as more natural unit of time\energy.
        The question from @ron is open. How do we know if my activity with is registered or not.
        With step counter you have at least some feedback. Is that stuff works 24/7 ?

• RonRon commented  · 

@Team Moov, it is good that you are responding. However, your Moov Now does NOT even track "activity" when that activity is bike riding on the road for 120km with the device strapped on my ankle. How can your device register NO activity for that entire ride? Not even one minute of activity was registered.

@Donny (comment from October below), your point is well taken, but would you not concede that a 120km bike ride on mountain roads is "activity"? This device (or the app algorithm) is a joke.

• marv fmarv f commented  · 

sorry deb, these idiots are useless

• DonnyDonny commented  · 

Honestly ... tracking steps was a bit of a silly idea.. there's no value to steps unless they're tied to something like calories and such... active movement is what burns calories and effects results.

you don't eat three tacos and have to walk 40 Steps... you eat three tacos for 400 Kcals and need to calculate the amount of TIME of physical movement that applies to those

.. Tracking how active you are is what matters.. if you move around... THAT's more important to burning calories.. a counter can be tricked into thinking you're stepping... and give false results...

so.... who cares about a step counter... the step counter was just to get people active... and help people be active but it doesn't amount to much. 20,000 steps a day isn;t some feat.. its the time it took to do that many steps...

monitoring how many minutes a day you are active, satisfis

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base