I suggest you ...

Heart Rate Monitor.

It would be awesome to incorporate the Moov w/a heart rate monitor instead of using two different devices. I use the Zephyr w/an Android phone. Reaching the target heart rate is so important when working out. The Zephyr wraps around the chest but I'm thinking, why not around the the wrist and place the sensor on the inside of the wrist. I haven't been able to use the Moov because there's no support of Android devices but I'm sure that it's going to be an awesome product only lacking the heart rate monitor.

1,852 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AxelAxel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Team MOOVAdminTeam MOOV (Admin, Moov) responded  · 

Moov does offer support for most third-party chest heart rate monitors for our running and cycling programs on iOS and support for Android is coming soon. MOOV NOW™ does not have an integrated heart rate monitor in order to keep the device small, modular, and low cost with a longer battery life than most wearables.

Thank you for giving us feedback that a built in heart rate monitor is something you would like to see from Moov in the future. Your feedback is important to us in determining what we build next!

-Team Moov

147 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hongpet16Hongpet16 commented  · 

Why now not support third party hearth rate device?

• Louise ShortusLouise Shortus commented  · 

It also links with Mio Global link HRM, if you don't want to use a chest based one.

• MaheshMahesh commented  · 

Does it support HRM in android? If yes, which one, ant+ or BLE?

• Jim VJim V commented  · 

HR straps work with Cycling and Running sections. Simply put on your Bluetooth Smart compatible strap and you Moov Now unit. Select the training selection that you want to do, select Start Workout at the bottom of the screen. That will take you to the connect devices page. Assuming your HR Strap is paired with your device and functioning correctly it should be listed below the Moov Now. It has worked fine with my Pyle chest strap for a long time already.

• MarcoMarco commented  · 

Can I use Moov HR with android ?

How can I connect / pair a polar H7 heart rate monitor to the Moov android App ?
        Oke "support is coming soon" written at feb 2016.

Simpel in 2017 How can I connect / pair a polar H7 heart rate monitor to the Moov App ?
        with regards Marco

• MikeMike commented  · 

My Moov Now arrived today along with a Polar H7 Heart Rate Monitor. When I initiated an Outdoor Cycling workout, it (the Moov App) seemed to pair just fine with the Polar H7, but during the workout I received no coaching in regards to target heart rate, nor could I find any heart rate stats anywhere in the Moov App, both during and after my Outdoor Cycling workout.

Am I missing something? Thanks a bunch for any info anyone has!

• WalterWalter commented  · 

The Moov HR is a breakthru. CONGRATULATIONS to the developers. The only thing i'm missing is how Moov Now and Moov HR can be connected to the Moov app being 2 different bluetooth devices.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Support for Android is coming soon was said in February 2016 what a laugh.

• LaelLael commented  · 

Can we get Bluetooth v2 support pls? I don't want to have to buy a new HRM so it can be used with Moov.. it is horrible to have waited almost 2 years for HRM support and then find it can't be used. Meanwhile Runtastic continues to work well...

• John MitchellJohn Mitchell commented  · 

Agree with the Admin, if it would affect the size and price then it's undesirable. I would only want to track HR when training so thrid-party device would be fine, but using my HRM for swimming and workouts would be a massive plus.

Bluetooth HRM has been in Android for a couple of months.

• JP 'John' ChowJP 'John' Chow commented  · 

When is Bluetooth or ant+ heart rate monitors coming to Android?

Lionel, is it a Bluetooth 4 (Bluetooth Smart) HRM, if not, it will not connect.

• LionelLionel commented  · 

Why can't I use my Garmin heart rate monitor with Moov Now?

• Julien CarreñoJulien Carreño commented  · 

it would be great if the list of tested HRMs could be posted or if people could post what HRM they have used either successfully or unsuccessfully with Moov. would benefit the whole community

• Jon2001Jon2001 commented  · 

Thank you very much for adding heart rate monitor support. But, the only report I can find is average and peak HR. It would be helpful (maybe) to have things like average and peak per mile (in the list view under Splits), and average & peak for the 'Tallest Hill' on the Highlights tab. Also, for biking, the above plus for the fastest sprint. These peak and average heart rates could be helpful if you are doing repeats for training (I just realized that the Tallest Hill/Climb would have to be recognized for each time you did it, so the MOOV app would have to use GPS to 'see' this. It would be a nifty feature though).

• Cristi IstrateCristi Istrate commented  · 

WOW IT HAPPENT:
        HR, Indoor Cycling, Third party app integration!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base