I suggest you ...

Where is the step tracker??

When I participated in the crowdsourcing, the pitch specifically mentioned that it does all the things a typical step tracker, sleep tracker does PLUS bug you when you're not moving around enough. I really wanted those basic tracking features plus the added motivational elements. B/c I'm not a runner (bad knees and a back injury), this is completely useless to me right now.

1,233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JenJen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Team MOOVAdminTeam MOOV (Admin, Moov) responded  · 

The release of MOOV NOW™ came with the new all-in-one Moov app, combining all 5 Moov sports and adding active minute + sleep tracking for all day use. Wear Moov all day to track when you’re getting active and push to meet your daily activity goal! Moov can record up to 30 days of activity, so you don’t need to have your phone on you to record your daily activity!

Moov is designed to promote lifestyle transformations, making your whole day more active and not just your workouts. We choose to encourage an active lifestyle through a focus on active minutes in our active minutes + sleep tracking. The World Health Organization recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise each week. From this, we derived a daily goal of 30 active minutes to provide a realistic goal that will make a significant difference in your health.

Our algorithm is designed to go beyond steps. Active minutes take into account intensity and other activities such as swimming and cycling that shouldn’t be represented as steps. Achieving active minutes requires a higher expenditure of energy that will be more effective towards living a healthy lifestyle.

-Team Moov

144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Ordered one this weekend and was excited to get it but am returning it today because it does not track steps. I already have a Fitbit but wanted the low profile and waterproof feature of the MOOV. My Fitbit already tracks my activity AND steps so that makes the MOOV pretty useless to me. My co-worker was going to order one today but cancelled it when I told her. Disappointed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I bought two for my daughter and she wasn't using one so she just gave it back. I like to track miles and much to my surprise this doesn't do it - i will be buying a fitbit.

• JeffJeff commented  · 

I agree that the app should include steps and distance data. It works for Fitbit why not Moov?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The Moov HR won't allow me to edit my Max HR below 152. I'm 60yrs old and my Dr says my Max HR is 136.
        Without a step counter or an accurate HR tracker the new Moov is really pretty useless to me.

• Michael IsaksenMichael Isaksen commented  · 

It a semi-religious thing.
        They will NEVER include step-count even though the data is present, it would be easy and a lot of people wants it and have asked since the first MOOV. The keep giving us:
        "Our algorithm is designed to go beyond steps".
        It like putting a non sticky surface on your labtop, with the ONLY purpose of you not putting stickers on it. Sorry, its BEYOND me to buy another set of HR model then. To bad it was a nice product

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need an activity tracker that is accurate, is worn on my ankle and has long battery life. The Moov Now does all that at a great price tag, plus has loads of other interesting functionalities - but without a step counter it remains completely useless to me. Active minutes are simply not the measure I want to use and it's sad to see that a great device stumbles on the seemingly simplest task.

• KunalKunal commented  · 

Dear Developer,

Not everyone can be very active from the begining. However, with your app they can be motivated. Provided you start with basics for such people. I respect your concept of active minutes.. But it would also be great if you add step counter. It matters to many people as they are also participating in competitions where they use step counts. Moreover, even if you are not that active, with step count you can motivate them to put more active minutes. Looking at your replies to some comments, you really seemed stubborn about not including step count. Please don't be so stubborn..

• Kaz TaylorKaz Taylor commented  · 

Also getting rid of it. I wanted steps. So much for having what the others have "and more". Rubbish. My main purpose was step count as i need it for challenges i participate in. What a waste of my time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have purchased the moov now and I am a high school/middle school student. I want to be able to record my PE lessons on my moov now by know what I have been doing say a run or tennis or dance. Does moov now track that seperatly as a excersise or does it just say the calories burnt in your day. Also what does base burn mean because I get calories put on base burn even when I am just sat down on my phone checking my app. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

You would think that being geared towards activity they would include a step tracker rather than sleep tracker. I am now disappointed with this device ...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I like my moov. I am however Very disappointed that it does not provide mileage. It tells me what steps I have taken but I do not think it is 100% accurate. I ran a 5k and it only posted steps it did not confirm my accomplishment.

• Sharon SmithSharon Smith commented  · 

It wouldn't hurt to track your steps as well. Some people are motivated to moov by tracking steps. I think I was misled by your description.

• trankenxtrankenx commented  · 

Great idea on active minutes but still would like to see how accurate the steps are. This feature coming soon?

• tshvedtshved commented  · 

But where is the daily step tracker and sleep monitor. It's not showing up on the app. Your instructions are mon existent.

• RonRon commented  · 

The Moov Now is NOT a tracker, no matter what the developer claims. No matter how "space age" they claim their motion sensors are, there is something terribly wrong with either the device or the algorithm they are using in their connected app.

I rode a bicycle for over 120km of roads in the mountains with the Moov Now strapped to my ankle. After sychronizing with my phone's Moov app, it registered exactly ZERO minutes of activity for those 120km of riding. How can this be?!!

This device is NOT a tracker, and the company should not claim so if they can't make it track common activity such as walking and bike riding. Unless the person has pre-programmed it and is having it in coaching mode the whole time (which is not at all reasonable for a two day bike ride), this device doe not track activity.

If tracking is what you bought it for, send it back now.

• SusanSusan commented  · 

Seriously? A step tracker is the most basic thing and you guys advertise that you have what the others have and more -- not instead. I might have to return this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi, I have to agree with all the comments so far regarding the lack of a step tracker. Appreciate that the Moov Now appeals to people who are looking to take specific aciptivities to the next level, swimming, cycling etc. However, believe that a basic step tracker would be a given. Suggest that the App has this feature updated to cater for this, otherwise, I'll have to look for another alternative.

• Debra fDebra f commented  · 

I am also sadly disappointed with my new Moov now. After setting up and syncing, it only recorded 3 and 5 minutes of activity after 2 days of working 12 hour shifts in an ICU. No HR tracker, No step counter or cal tracker. It would probobly be great if I did formal workouts ot jogging but my activity is more ongoing.... I guess I should have researched further before buying, however the website seems to lack specifics.

• marv fmarv f commented  · 

you stoopid m@r@ns, are you too dum to figger out how to do a step counter

• disappointed userdisappointed user commented  · 

I just got a moov now, its great for swim tracking but I'm also sorry I got it now for the lack of step counter. I really see no reason to wear it other than for my swim workouts which means I'll end up never using it. Sorry to see from your response that you are so tone deaf to your customers. Definitely not the way to build a business.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base